When: Saturday, June 2nd at 5:00 PM and Sunday, June 3rd at 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Where: South Carroll High School
When: May 25th, May 29th, May 30th, and May 31st. Each class is assigned to a specific day for their Tech Rehearsal. If you need to review when your child’s specific tech time is, you may refer to the Show Schedule page attached in this packet.
Where: South Carroll High School. There are No classes at the studio during the week of rehearsals.
What: Technical rehearsals are MANDATORY for all dancers. To be fair to all dancers, if you miss your rehearsal time, lines (routine) will be changed. There will not be another opportunity to make it up and unfortunately, you will not be permitted to participate in the recital. This is the only opportunity dancers have to work on staging and lighting, and becoming familiar with entrances/exits, dressing rooms, etc.
Things to know:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time and be prepared to dance. Dancers should report immediately to the auditorium.
- A copy of tech times is posted on the whiteboard in our lobby and you may also request an additional copy at the front desk.
- Wear regular classroom attire for Technical Rehearsals.
- Technical (Tech) Rehearsals and Dress Rehearsals are the last opportunity to make adjustments and to set a professional quality production (lights, music, cues…). It is very important to have the dancer’s FULL attention and a quiet atmosphere to ensure that the rehearsal and recital go as smoothly and quickly as possible. With this in mind, all technical and dress rehearsals are CLOSED to everyone except dancers and pre-assigned backstage volunteers. Thank you for your cooperation.
Dress Rehearsal is also MANDATORY. So, please be on time, you have all worked too hard to miss out on performing.
Where: South Carroll High School
Time: To review your child’s specific dress rehearsal time please to refer to the last page of this packet (Show Schedule) or visit our website www.bfunk.com under the Recital 2012 tab.
Things to know/bring:
- All dancers need to be in FULL costume with hair and make-up done according to teacher’s instructions.
- Drop-Off Procedure: When arriving for dress rehearsal, moms/female guardians may escort their child (age 8 and under) to the dressing room area. If you are a father/male guardian dropping off your child (age 8 and under), a backstage volunteer will meet you at the door to escort your child to the dressing room. Male dancers will have a separate dressing room with male supervision.
- Once your child is in the dressing room, the volunteers and teachers will be available to supervise and assist them with costumes, hair, etc.
- Dancers are welcome to bring water and non-staining snacks (as they will be dressed in their costumes). Please NO fruit juices, soda or colored beverages.
- Parents: Plan on your child being at dress rehearsal the entire time. Just a reminder, the rehearsal is closed to everyone except dancers. If your child finishes early, they will be allowed to watch the other dances in the auditorium. Thank you!!
Dancers must arrive 45 minutes before show time and report directly to their assigned dressing areas. Please make sure your child has everything they need including costume, make-up, water, non-staining snacks, and any medication (including inhalers). Medication should be checked-in with an adult volunteer.
For security and safety reasons, all dancers must remain backstage in their assigned rooms for the entire show, including intermission. Students will not be permitted to leave until after the final curtain call. Thank you for your cooperation!
We cordially ask that family and friends remain in the lobby or auditorium at all times to avoid overcrowding in the dressing rooms and to ensure your child’s safety. At the conclusion of the show, we will make an announcement where to meet your child.
Ticket Prices: General admission is $15.00 per person; 3 years and under (on a lap) – FREE. The cost of recital tickets helps to offset expenses associated with show production (including professional sound and lighting) and numerous fees associated with the rental of the school.
As always, we will have a professional videographer taping both shows. You may purchase a video directly through that outside company. They will have forms available at each show. In order to ensure that everyone in the audience has an unobstructed view of the performers, we ask that there be NO PERSONAL videotaping of the production at any time. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
We have enjoyed teaching and growing with your child this year. We are very proud of all our B. Funk Dancers and are looking forward to a GREAT show.